About Me


I have never blogged before this first post, so I thought I had better introduce myself and why I am beginning blogging.

I am 42 years old and a mom to three wonderful caring boys (19, 13 and 12) and I have a very understanding loving husband without their support I couldn’t do this.

So, in Spring 2015 I was a teaching assistant in a Junior school – loved that job.  I had to have some time off as while backing display boards on my own I caused my back to spasm.  I was diagnosed with bulges on my spine at the base of my neck, middle of my back and the bottom of my spine.  When I went back I couldn’t do some of the duties I did before because standing for long periods causes my back to spasm.  My health both physical and mental deteriorated

In Spring 2016 (my body must not like Spring) I had a pain in my stomach and I was constantly being sick – no I wasn’t pregnant.  I lost a lot of weight and didn’t like leaving the house in case I was sick.  Tests revealed a hiatus hernia.  A routine eye test revealed I had some thing wrong with the back of my eyes.  I was diagnosed with Macular Dystrophy.  It means that I am slowly losing my central vision, so I won’t be able to read or watch television etc.  This sent me into a tailspin of depression and anxiety.  I could not leave the house on my own because I was scared I would either be sick, or my sight would disappear.  My boys were and are very understanding when I don’t want to leave the house due to my depression and anxiety.

I have found wearing make-up as a form of mask helps give the illusion of feeling normal.  If I am not wearing make-up that it is not a good day.  Luckily fifteen months of taking antidepressants and antacids I am slowly getting there.

So why blog – well I hope to help others I am 42 and have the eyes of 60-year-old.  When I go for checkups I am the youngest one there.  I love make-up and skincare and they are helping me improve my mental health, so I thought I would blog about my struggles and how make-up and skincare are helping me get my confidence back to leave the house on my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sukin Micellar Cleansing Water

Fenty Beauty Icon Semi Matte Lipstick

Bleach London Fade to Grey Shampoo