My Skincare


Before reviewing products, I thought it best to describe my skin before and during my depression at it’s worst so that you will be able to understand my comments regarding the products I have reviewed.

I was one of those lucky ones that during my teenage years I didn’t have acne.  Sorry Caroline Hirons (doyen of skincare) I used soap and water – imperial leather to be exact. I was in my twenties before I used skincare ranges such a Decleor, Gatineau, Elemis and Liz Earle.

My dad always said I hadn’t washed my neck properly as I had lines around my neck even as a youngster.  I had dark brown hair – I have now embraced my grey, so it is salt and pepper hair.  I have hazel eyes, very pale skin that burns easily and never tans.

My cheeks and nose are always red – only when I am poorly do they look pale.  I love my freckles, my dad said that they were a sign of beauty and that I had been kissed by angels.  I must be careful what products I use as my skin is sensitive- my hubby can’t scratch my back because it feels like I have spiders crawling all over it.  He must rub it when, which is not often, gets itchy.

I am now going to admit to something gross - when my depression was at its worse I did not clean my face or brush my teeth I would wear the same clothes for a week.  My skin was dry, was not smooth it didn’t look healthy.  I don’t know why my skin didn’t break out or more wrinkles appear.

When I started to feel better my go to regime was Liz Earle.  Their Cleanse and Polish, Instant Boost Tonic and Dry/Sensitive Skin Repair cream brought my skin back to life.  It was radiant and smooth.

Now I feel that my skin can try new products without causing it too many problems so as I try new products I will post my findings on here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sukin Micellar Cleansing Water

Fenty Beauty Icon Semi Matte Lipstick

Bleach London Fade to Grey Shampoo