March's BirchBox


Products received in box: Rituals The Ritual of Sakura Foaming Gel, Absolution Le Nettoyant Purete, R+ Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste, Benefit Badgal Bang Volumising Mascara, Blaq Hydrogel Eye Mask

Benefit Badgal Bang Volumising Mascara
I must admit I am a big fan of Benefit Cosmetics mascaras and am pleased to say that Badgal Bang has joined the list.  One word of advice don’t poke yourself in the eye with the wand – I have done it a few times and it hurts believe me.  The brush looks like a Christmas tree which makes covering the lashes at the inner and outer corners of the eye brilliantly by using the tip of the brush.  One dip of product is enough to cover both top and bottom of both eyes. One swipe of the product along my eyelashes and they are perfectly covered.  I would suggest covering bottom eyelashes first then your top lashes and if your lashes are like mine have a cotton bud or BeautyBlender handy to remove mascara from your top eye lid.  I don’t use the wand vertical to apply my mascara to my bottom lashes I use it horizontally, to me it gives a better coverage and I don’t have gaps like I would if I used it vertically.  I hope that they bring this mascara out in other colours such as green and blue.

Absolution Le Nettoyant Purete
This is a runny gel with little or no fragrance.  It is a sticky gel which means you need to apply it to a wet face or you can use a sponge.  I wet my face and massaged the product into my skin using my fingers paying attention to my mascara and eyeliner.  I have been wearing Benefit Badgal Bang which it did not remove completely and made it flaky, so I had flakes on my skin and in the wash bowl.  Though it did remove Benefit They’re Real Push Up Liner effectively.  Once removed the cleanser left my skin feeling tacky, tight and sore – tried taking it off with a muslin cloth and a make-up eraser and each time my skin was left sore.  After the second use I did not feel comfortable wearing make-up as my skin felt irritated and I didn’t want to make it worse.


Sorry Absolution this sensitive skin didn’t like it and I won’t be re purchasing it anytime soon.
  

Blaq Hydrogel Eye Mask
These sounded a good idea, but I ripped one when trying to get them out of the packet as they had come away from the plastic sheet.  The black pads are a jelly texture and need to be treated with care as I have already mentioned I ripped one.  Also, be careful of the liquid in the packet.  The pads felt cool when place under my eyes.  After 15 minutes (you can leave them on between 10 and 15 minutes) the skin under my eyes was cool to the touch and a little sticky. I didn’t notice any difference and won’t be repurchasing them for the reason I have already mentioned.



 R+ Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste
I have used dry shampoos in the past and they were in a spray can.  This is a new experience for me I just hope that I don’t feel the need to wash my hair as soon as I have put it on.  I don’t like the way my hair feels when product is in it, I suddenly develop an itchy scalp.  I like the fragrance of the product, but it left my hair feeling crunchy and stiff as if I was wearing a hair lacquer.  Sorry, I won’t be purchasing this again.

Rituals The Ritual of Sakura Foaming Gel
I have found that putting a small and I mean small amount of the shower gel on to a damp flannel or muslin cloth and making it foam before applying it to my skin as this makes the product go further than if I applied it using my hands.  It has a faint scent that does not remain on the skin which is a shame as it is a lovely fragrance.  My skin was soft and hydrated, that meant I did not need to use a body lotion afterwards.  I will and have purchased other shower gels and only use them when my 3 lads aren’t around because I know them will try and use them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sukin Micellar Cleansing Water

Fenty Beauty Icon Semi Matte Lipstick

Bleach London Fade to Grey Shampoo